forum vergabe is a non-profit cooperation and recognized as charitable. We act on a neutral basis. Our main task is to offer a forum for discussion and knowledge-sharing to all parties related to public procurement. Tenderers/business units, public authorities, judges, scientists, lawyers – they are represented in our membership and speak and discuss at our seminars.
We cover the whole range of public procurement. We do not receive subsidies from the state, but we finance our activities through membership fees and conference fees.
To the public and our members we offer a wide variety of information and services:
- seminars on all areas of public procurement
- internet-based research of legislation and jurisdiction
- monthly update in our magazine “Monatsinfo”
forum vergabe donates the "International Public Procurement Award", in 2018 with EUR 5,000.
The Members of our board are
Chairman: Dr. Volker Wissing, (Minister for Economy, Traffic, Agriculture and Viniculture of Rheinland-Pfalz)
- Dr. Alexander Barthel (The German Confederation of Skilled Crafts)
- Roswitha Brackmann (Judge at the Higher Regional Court of Düsseldorf)
- Prof. Dr. Martin Burgi (Ludwig-Maximilians-Universität München)
- Dr. Andreas Clément (Deutsche Bahn AG)
- Bärbel Freiberger (Computacenter AG & Co. oHG)
- Reinhard Janssen (Federal Ministry for the Environment, Nature Conservation, Building and Nuclear Safety)
- Annette Karstedt-Meierrieks (Association of the Chambers of Industry and Commerce)
- Niels Lau (Federation of German Industry)
- Dr. Friederike Mußgnug (Diakonie Deutschland)
- Dr. Olaf Otting (Allen & Overy LLP)
- Norbert Portz (German Federation of Cities and Communities)
- Jürgen Ringel (Bundesrechnungshof)
- Annette Schmidt (Ministry of Economy, Energy, Industry, Trade and Crafts of Nordrhein-Westfalen)
- Dr. Birgit Settekorn (Procurement Office of the Federal Ministry of the Interior)
- Dr. Thomas Solbach (Federal Ministry for Economic Affairs and Energy)
Informations on German procurement law in English can be found f.e. on the homepage of the Bundeskartellamt. The Federal Ministry for Economic Affairs and Energy provides English versions of the Ordinance on the Award of Public Contracts and the the Act against Restraints of Competition.
The system of German public procurement law is visualized in: Legal provisions for the Award of Public Contracts with a Value exceeding the EU-Thresholds
Please contact for further information:
forum vergabe e.V.
Phone (49) 30 - 23 60 80 60
Fax (49) 30 - 23 60 80 6 21
info (at) forum-vergabe.de